Driving during winter can be an extremely tumultuous affair. As temperatures decrease, snow and ice build up, leaving many roads hazardous for motorists. That’s why it’s so important to abide by these winter driving tips courtesy of Vincent M. Powers & Associates in Lincoln, NE. These personal injury attorneys are dedicated to serving all of their client needs, whether that entails cases involving wrongful death, auto accidents, or professional negligence. As a result, this law firm has established itself as an important part of the Lincoln community thanks to the top-quality legal advice provided to clients.
Safe winter driving requires a cautious demeanor and heightened alertness to best anticipate road hazards and the actions of other motorists. In many cases, the following tips from Lincoln's top personal injury attorneys can help you mitigate accidents should they occur:
- Clear The Snow: Clear all snow from your vehicle before taking to the road, particularly on the hood and roof.
- Leave Room: Be sure to leave ample room between your vehicle and others in the event that you will have to stop suddenly on slick or icy roads.
- Approach Bridges With Caution: Show caution on bridges and overpasses, as these areas tend to freeze first.
- Brake Carefully: Use your brakes carefully when needed (i.e. refrain from slamming on the brakes, which can cause you to lose control of your vehicle).
- Ice & Cruise Control: Never use cruise control on icy roads.
- Stay On Top Of Weather: Keep abreast of weather forecasts in the event that conditions worsen.
In addition to offering these essential tips for staying safe on dangerous winter roads, Vincent M. Powers & Associates can also assist Lincoln residents in search of highly qualified personal injury attorneys. With over three decades of legal experience, these veritable super lawyers can help you achieve the justice you so richly deserve no matter your specific case. Arrange your no charge legal consultation today by calling (402) 474-8000 or visit their website to access the full range of practice areas.