You brush and floss regularly because it is important to care for your teeth and gums. However, don’t forget that a quality dental insurance plan is also a crucial part of a healthy dental care regimen. Insurance Answers, the premier provider of individual and group health insurance plans in High Point, NC, offers a wide range of dental coverage to meet your family’s needs.
You can find dental insurance plans to cover any or all of the following:
- Preventative Care: This includes routine dental care such as cleanings and examinations to prevent the formation of cavities and to reduce the need for more extensive care. Almost all dental insurance plans cover this.
- Fillings & Extractions: Tooth extractions are necessary for a variety of reasons. For instance, when wisdom teeth emerge, they often crowd the other teeth and cause them to shift. Also, if a tooth has undergone irreparable damage due to tooth decay, dental trauma, or gum disease, it must be removed. Fillings prevent cavities from worsening; the doctor drills out the decay and replaces it with silver amalgam, porcelain, gold, plastic, glass, or resin.
- Crowns & Bridges: Both are fixed dental prosthetics cemented to existing teeth or implants. A crown caps a damaged tooth, while a bridge fills in a gap between two existing teeth. Some health insurance plans cover all or part of these costs.
- Dental X-rays: Dental X-rays give your dentist a look beneath the surface to view issues affecting the roots and bones.
- Dentures: Unlike fixed devices, dentures are removable plates that anchor one or more artificial teeth.
If your family’s individual or group health insurance plans do not offer dental coverage, contact Insurance Answers of High Point, NC for a dental insurance quote. Visit them online, or call (336) 887-6570 for more information.