When it comes to caring for bedding, well-made bedding will last longer and stay soft for years if it's properly taken care of. The bedding professionals at DOWNLITE, the premier bedding and comforter retailer and manufacturer in Mason, OH, know that you invest quite a bit in your bedding, and want to help you keep your sheets and down bedding as soft and luxurious as the day you bought them. Here are seven tips on caring for your sheets and down bedding from their partners at beddingcare.com:
- Tip #1: Ball up your sheets before tossing them in the washer. It will prevent them from stretching out of shape.
- Tip #2: Wash your sheets separately. When sheets are washed and dried in a mixed load, they are more likely to pill.
- Tip #3: Treat stains immediately! If you don’t remove stains from your down bedding right when you notice them, it can be impossible to do it later. Additionally, when sheets go in the dryer with stains still on them, the heat actually bakes in the stain.
- Tip #4: Make sure your sheets fit properly. If they aren’t the right size, they’ll gradually stretch out of shape.
- Tip #5: Wash your sheets once a week and rotate between at least four different sets. When rotated and cleaned weekly, a quality set of sheets can last as long as 15 years.
- Tip #6: Wash and dry your sheets on a low or medium setting. This can extend the life of your sheets by years: High heat irreparably damages the fibers in the fabric.
- Tip #7: Use mild detergents like Wisk or Arm & Hammer Dye Free and dilute the liquid in water before tossing in your sheets. Only use half of the manufacturer’s recommended amount and add in about one cup of white vinegar for a perfectly clean sheet.
For all of your high-quality bedding needs, from down comforters to pillows, visit the DOWNLITE website, or call their textile specialists directly at (866) 931-3696.