- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons Red Curry Paste (Mae Ploy)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown basmati rice
- 4 lime wedges
Combine basil salt and lime juice, set aside
Spoon coconut cream (thick layer at top of can) into a large skillet; stir in curry paste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add remaining coconut milk, maple syrup, soy sauce, and red pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper and onion; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 4 minutes. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
Remove pan from heat; stir in basil, lime juice, and salt mixture. Serve beef mixture with rice and lime wedges.