When the roads get packed with snow and ice, you need to make sure that your car can handle it. Instead of just trusting that your car is ready for the winter journey ahead, get it ready by calling Frecks & Sons' Automotive for a tune-up in Saint Peters, Missouri before the cold arrives. You want to make sure that your car isn’t in need of brake repair or car shocks before the ice makes it even harder to stay in control.
To make sure that your car is completely prepped for the winter, Frecks & Sons' Automotive recommends these seven steps:
- Battery Check: The cold weather can be hard on your battery. Ask Frecks & Sons' Automotive to check your battery and charging system for optimal performance.
- Antifreeze: Running low on coolant can cause your engine to overheat, even in freezing temperatures. Make sure it is mixed with antifreeze to avoid damaging your radiator.
- Wipers: Just like rain, snow can wreak havoc on your visibility in the winter, so you need to make sure your wipers are in good shape.
- Brake Repair: Slippery roads can be hard on your brakes. Make sure your vehicle will be able to handle it, and bring it in for brake repairs.
- Tires: Check your tread depth and tire pressure. Tires keep you on the road, and you need good grip when things turn slick.
- Car Heater Repair: When it’s cold out, you want a working heater in your car to keep you warm and toasty while driving.
- Oil Change: There’s no reason to risk your car getting stuck on the side of the road when it’s zero degrees out; an oil change to “winter weight” oil can keep you driving safely for longer.
Don’t risk your safety, health, and driving during the cold winter months. Call Frecks & Sons' Automotive today, and make sure your car is in top working condition. Call (636) 928-5326, or visit them online for more information.