Moving at any time of year can be stressful, but winter brings its own unique challenges. Since 2008, The Super Movers have helped New Yorkers with all of their moving needs, including packing and reassembling furniture, and short or long-term storage. Whether you need help moving across the city or are looking to hire long distance movers, The Super Movers work to make your relocation stress-free. What sets this affordable moving company apart from the competition is their commitment to customer satisfaction; as soon as you contact The Super Movers, you’ve gained a partner you can trust during every step of the moving process.
When it comes to moving in the winter, it is important to be flexible and prepared for every possibility. The Super Movers have some advice to help you stay organized and ready for anything during your move:
- Why Winter: Moving during the winter sounds counterintuitive, but it can actually make things easier. Since demand for moving services is lower this time of year, you have more flexibility when it comes to booking a truck and making a backup plan in case of inclement weather.
- Watching The Weather: Make sure you know the forecast for your current location and your destination. If snow is in the forecast, try to reschedule your move for a day when the weather is clearer. Be sure to keep some cold-weather gear handy; coats, hats and gloves, blankets, shovels, ice scrapers, and extra food are important to have available in case your move is delayed.
- Bundle Up: In addition to making sure you and your family have warm clothes, many of your belongings will also need extra protection. Electronics can sustain damage when exposed to cold and moisture. The Super Movers provide all the packing materials you need to ensure that your belongings arrive in good condition, so you can spend less time worrying and more time enjoying your new home.
- Clean Up: Before you say goodbye, be sure to shovel your current home’s walkway and/or driveway. If possible, clear the same areas at your new home. This will help prevent slipping as people enter and exit and will keep snow, slush, and de-icing salt from being tracked on your floors.
- Drink Up: Even though the weather is cold, moving is hard work. If you’re wearing layers to stay warm, this hard work can lead to overheating. Keep yourself hydrated, and be sure to have water handy for the movers you’ve hired. When the job is done, warm up with a hot beverage; this is a great opportunity to thank your movers or meet your new neighbors.
Booking with The Super Movers is easy. Call (718) 701-5272, or fill out their convenient online contact form. Once you receive your confirmation, you’ll be on your way to your new home.