Tokyo Tei is the best place for Japanese cuisine on Maui. Famous for their shrimp tempura, this local restaurant is known all over the community for their delicious homemade food, warm ambiance, and attentive service. Whether you're looking for fine dining, carry-out, or catering services, Tokyo Tei has you covered, no matter what the occasion.
Craving seafood? No need to worry. Put those fish sticks back in the freezer and bring your family to Tokyo Tei for the freshest seafood in Wailuku. Serving up a variety of fresh-caught fish and shellfish made with traditional Japanese recipes, the Kitagawa family offers a Maui dining experience like no other.
Check out these praised seafood plates available at Tokyo Tei:
- Shrimp Tempura: Lightly battered and fried until crispy, the shrimp tempura at Tokyo Tei is delicious and savory, making it a go-to dish no matter what you order as an entree.
- Calamari Katsu: Featuring deep-fried calamari battered in panko breadcrumbs and seasonings, enjoy this dish with tonkatsu sauce.
- Sashimi: Everyone claims to have the freshest, most well-prepared sashimi, but few sushi chefs deliver—Tokyo Tei is the exception.
- Teriyaki Salmon: A house favorite, the teriyaki salmon at Tokyo Tei hits the spot, showcasing a soy, mirin, and sugar glaze.
- Fish Nitsuke: Never had nitsuke? You can expect a tender and juicy filet cooked to-order and served up alongside miso soup, koko, and rice.
To find out more about the seafood selection at Tokyo Tei, browse the restaurant's menu on their website, or give them a call at (808) 242-9630.