The very nature of insurance is to protect people, businesses, and their assets in the event of unforeseen events. As a trusted independent insurance agency, Simmons Insurance Group of Southeastern Ohio understands the vast challenges the outbreak of COVID-19 has brought into the community. Their offices are currently closed to the public but they are still there to support their clients, and ask that everyone do their part in minimizing the spread of the virus by keeping the following practices in mind.
Do You Have Insurance Questions? Call First.
As with countless other businesses, Simmons Insurance Group of Southeastern Ohio is mandating a social distancing policy to limit contact. Their team remains very concerned for the safety of the community, and promoting safe, healthy practices is their number one priority. As such, they are now working remotely from home. However, they are still able to answer calls and emails during regular business hours. They will update their customers when the offices re-open.
For now, their agents ask that anyone who has insurance concerns to call first. Fortunately, many matters can be easily handled over the phone, including payments, quotes, writing a new policy and submitting claims. As much as they love seeing their customers face-to-face, calling can help keep everyone safe amidst these challenging times and still allow them to service their customers.
Making the Best of Your Time At Home
The team at Simmons Insurance Group of Southeastern Ohio also knows that you may find yourself out of work for the time being, taking care of children, or spending much more time at home than you usually would. There’s certainly no need to feel as if you need to be productive all the time. If you’re seeking alternatives to TV, however, here are some other options to consider:
- Read a Book: If you don’t have a stack to be read, many libraries offer free downloads of eBooks and audiobooks online.
- Learn a New Hobby: Whether it’s playing an instrument you have lying around, knitting, or doodling, there are plenty of new skills you can master during this time.
- Try New Recipes: Challenge yourself to craft a culinary creation with the supplies you have in your pantry.
- Have a Family Game Night: Break out a board game or teach the little ones how to play charades.
- Organize Your Photos: Create physical scrapbooks or photo albums, or organize your digital photos by deleting any you don’t need and uploading others to the cloud.
- Declutter: Clean out a closet, garage, bathroom vanity, or any other space that’s been neglected. Make a donation pile for anything that you don’t need.
- Redecorate a Room: Rearrange furniture and decorations to elevate the design of your space.
With locations in Coolville, Belpre, Athens, Marietta, Pomeroy and Racine, OH, the Simmons Insurance Group of Southeastern Ohio is here for you during these trying times. Find out more about how they can help keep your home, business, or personal property protected by requesting a quote for coverage online, or call (740) 667-3111 today to get in touch with one of their agents.