Celebrate Shabbat dinner as a community when you attend monthly dinner events at the Jewish community center Chabad of Long Island City in New York. Get together with family, friends, and neighbors, and enjoy everything these fantastic events have to offer. The heads of the Jewish community center are also very excited about their upcoming Chanukah event among others.
Check out what to expect at Shabbat dinner and more:
- Shabbat Dinner: Monthly Shabbat dinners at this center offer plenty of opportunities to mingle, as well as singing, games, and a children’s program during dinner. The dinner is $15 per person and $40 per family. Shabbat candle lighting times for this month’s dinner are Friday, October 30 at 5:37 p.m. and Saturday, October 31 at 6:35 p.m. This week's Friday night event starts with 6:30 p.m. services and is followed by 7:00 p.m. dinner.
- New York Marathon: The famous New York Marathon (this Sunday) route runs right past the beloved Jewish center, who erects a cheering booth just for this event. The day includes a friendship circle with a live band, and yummy Kosher snacks.
- Chess-ed Men’s Club: Tefillin, breakfast, and chess make up Sunday morning Chess-ed Men’s Club events at Chabad of Long Island City. Upcoming dates include November 15, January 31, and April 3 at 10 a.m.
- Chanukah: The eight days of Chanukah will be celebrated all over New York City, which includes the lighting of the 10-foot menorah at Gantry Plaza State Park. Chabad of Long Island City will hold a community Chanukah party to honor this very special holiday....more details to come.
- Canvas & Cocktails: The Chabad LIC Women's Circle is thrilled to host this event with artist Estee Klein. It includes learning how to create a customized painting step by step, as well as delicious libations. The event happens on Thursday, November 19 at 7:30 p.m. and costs $25. You must RVSP on the official website to attend this event.
Enjoy attending these wonderful events with friends and family, and meeting new members of the community!
For more on events happening at Chabad of Long Island City, please call (718) 609-0066 or visit the website today.