Home improvement projects can increase the value of your home, but some projects are better investments than others. K&B Designs, a home remodeling contractor company in Anchorage, AK, recommends these five renovations to get the most return on your investment:
- Kitchen Remodel Design: This is an expensive endeavor, but completely worth the investment. For many families, the kitchen is a popular room of the house, so investing in a kitchen remodel design will pay off in both value and enjoyment.
- Basement Remodel Design: This is another expensive home improvement project, but with the rising popularity of the “man cave,” you’ll see your house’s value soar.
- New Front Door or Garage Door: You can instantly increase the curb appeal of your home with a new front door or garage door. There are a wide variety of styles to choose from, making it easy to find doors that are in your budget.
- Windows: Older, drafty windows can diminish the value of your home. Homeowners can reverse that that trend by installing new, energy-efficient vinyl windows.
- Deck Addition: Adding outside living space is a great way to increase the value of your home. However, there are strict regulations when it comes to building a deck in your backyard, so be sure to work with professional contractors who will build your deck according to code.