A leaky toilet can be a nuisance, but trying to find why it leaks can be frustrating. Before you decide to completely replace your toilet, Creative Plumbing will help you determine what issue may be affecting your toilet. They are a family owned and operated company that has provided the Honolulu, HI, community over 38 years of expert clogged drain repairs, garbage disposal repairs, and bathroom and kitchen renovations as well as plumbing installations for new constructions. When your toilet leaks, the experts at Creative Plumbing have a few tips on what may be the cause:
- Worn Washers Or Bolts: The two large bolts that fasten your toilet bowl to your floor has also have gaskets to prevent leaks. When leaks occur around these areas, Creative Plumbing suggests checking to see if your bolts or washers are worn.
- Tank-Bowl Gasket: Your toilet’s tank is attached to the bowl with a combination of washers, nuts, and bolts. A gasket prevents water from escaping through these connections, but Creative Plumbing knows that a deteriorated gasket can lead to a leak.
- Corrosion Or Rust: Age, chemicals, and impurities in the water can lead to corrosion and rust that will damage your pipes and fixtures and cause leaks. When you experience rust or corrosion, Creative Plumbing will replace the affected pipes and your toilet.
- Cracked Tank Or Bowl: Your tank and bowl hold large amounts of water, and any cracks can mean leaks and water damage. Creative Plumbing will replace your toilet and keep your bathroom leak-free.
- Improperly Working Float. When you flush your toilet, the tank empties and a water fill valve refills it. The float rises as your tank is refilled. Once the float reaches a certain level, the fill valve will turn off, stopping the water flow. Creative Plumbing knows that when your float fails to work properly, the fill valve will continue filling your tank and cause an overflow, resulting in a leak.
- Worn Or Loose Feed Line: The feed line is a tube that brings the water into the toilet when it is flushed. If your feed line does not function properly, Creative Plumbing will replace or repair the damaged line.
A leaky toilet can be easily repaired with the knowledge and expertise of the plumbers at Creative Plumbing. Contact them at (808) 841-2837 when you need quality toilet repair, and visit them online for a complete list of their services.