Oral Surgery Associates, in Anchorage, AK, is the most trusted name in oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures, from wisdom teeth removal and dental implants to teeth extraction. Oral Surgery Associates is led by two surgeons, Dr. William F. Bergeron, Jr. and Dr. Ray Holloway, who are both board certified and have six years of additional anesthesia and surgical training. This team of oral surgeons is known for keeping up on the most cutting edge technologies in dental surgery, but it’s the comfort and care they provide their clients that earns the practice rave reviews.
In order to promote good oral hygiene, the staff has put together a list of the best tips to keep you and your family's teeth healthy and beautiful. Keep this advice in mind:
- Start Early: So many children start their first day of school with tooth decay, and most kids ages 12 to 15 already have cavities. You can help protect your child’s mouth by starting their brushing routine as soon as you see their first tooth.
- Begin Preventative Measures: Sealing back teeth with a thin, protective coating can significantly reduce decay.
- Brush Twice a Day & Floss: Routine is not the enemy when it comes to healthy teeth and gums. Brushing twice daily and flossing is a commitment that can keep the cavities away.
- Avoid Smoking: Smoking and smokeless tobacco don't just horribly stain teeth, but they can also lead to gum disease and oral cancer. Consider quitting for your health and the happiness of your family.
- Eat Smart: Healthy eating does a body good, and it does wonders for healthy teeth and gums, too. Oral Surgery Associates advises its patients to get plenty of fruits, veggies, whole grains and dairy into their diet. Foods rich in omega-3 fats can actually lower the risk of gum disease.
- See Your Dentist: A dentist appointment for a teeth cleaning every six months (more if your insurance allows) is the number one tip in nipping dental problems in the bud. Your dentist can examine you for any signs of gum disease, oral cancer, degradation of your teeth from grinding, and any risk you might have for tooth decay due to medication interactions.
The dental surgery experts at Oral Surgery Associates in Anchorage work hard to provide excellent care for their patients. Give them a call today to schedule an appointment at (907) 561-1430, or visit their website to learn more information.