Ever since Kinjo opened in Ft Greene, Brooklyn has truly established itself as a hot destination for Japanese and Asian cuisine. This restaurant, a newer kid on the block, has quickly garnered a reputation for its unforgettable, delicious sushi, its fresh seafood dishes, as well as rice and noodle dishes. Under the direction of head chef Jeffrey Moon, here, you find tantalizing traditional dishes as well as truly unforgettable, innovative ones. There are so many amazing options at Kinjo that this restaurant features specials every day of the week.
So what are the weekly specials at Kinjo? Let’s take a look:
- Sundays: Chirashi, which means “scattered sushi,” is the Sunday feature; unwrapped, it blends sushi rice with vegetables, salmon roe and other ingredients.
- Mondays: Hot dogs are the special on Mondays, but they’re certainly not the kind you get from the cart. The usual fixings are replaced with Asian-inspired sauces and dressings.
- Tuesdays: Tuesdays at Kinjo are all about Bulgogi, a delicious Korean dish that features marinated beef that is grilled and slow cooked in a traditional manner.
- Wednesdays: Another Korean dish, Bibimbap, is featured on Wednesdays. Meaning “mixed rice,” this rice dish features a range of sautéed and seasoned vegetables, chili pepper paste, soybean paste, soy sauce and egg. If you like, you can also add beef.
- Thursdays: Tacos at Kinjo are another example of innovation and fusion at this restaurant; tempura shells and most of the stuffing is deep fried, and a delightful sweet ’n’ sour sauce employed to make this dish completely unique.
- Fridays: Start off your weekend right with an order of Bo Ssam, Friday’s special: thinly-sliced pork belly boiled in spices is the centerpiece and is complemented by side-dishes of onion, garlic, sauces, fermented shrimp and kim-chi.
- Saturdays: Hearty and tasty, jjigae is a stew that brings together tofu, meats and vegetables in a hearty, hot broth; it’s the perfect start to your Saturday night.
Clearly, there’s a little something for everyone at Kinjo; every day of the week this is the spot for food lovers and adventurers alike. Check out this Asian fusion restaurant online, or, to make a reservation, call (718) 643-1400 or email email@example.com.