Organization – that’s a word that anyone planning a residential move soon tires of, as they attempt to arrange their life and worldly possessions before uprooting to a new location. And yet, organization during a move goes far beyond properly labeling packing boxes and filing away essential paperwork.
In the experience of Becker Movers, a moving company in Rochester, moving day arrives far quicker than expected, taking many of their clients by surprise. So on top of providing superb packing and moving services, Becker Movers further assists clients with helpful checklists of tasks and practical matters to take care of throughout the moving process.
Never leave it to the last minute. In the month before moving day, be sure to take care of these five practical concerns:
- Compile essential personal records, such as social security cards, birth certificates, and banking documents. Keep them stored in a safe place.
- Change your address with the post office and on credit cards, magazine subscriptions, etc.
- Arrange a babysitter for your children, if you have any. If you have pets, have your furry friends watched over by a friend or family member before they can be transitioned to the new home.
- Find a general practitioner and other specialized doctors in your area, in the case of an emergency or illness.
- Arrange to have your utilities begin the day before you and your family move in.
It doesn’t do to worry about these matters the evening before move-out day. Becker Movers helps to take the onus of a move away from the client by offering organizational advice and expert packing and moving services. Learn more about how Becker Movers makes moves easy with their licensed, insured movers and receive a free estimate by calling 585-666-1364.