The world of fashion is fast-paced and constantly changing, and no one knows it better than the creative professionals who run Fashion Classroom, a leader of the industry based in New York City. As the most comprehensive online organization dedicated to providing support and career networking opportunities to industry professionals, Fashion Classroom has already been proven invaluable to countless designers and stylists across the country.
Among other things, Fashion Classroom is dedicated to helping all of their members stay up to date on the latest design-related technology.
Here’s a brief overview of a handful of software programs that are currently dominating the industry, and how you can use them to increase your professional arsenal:
- Lectra Kaledo: One of the top CAD (computer-aided design) programs, Lectra Kaledo includes: Kaledo Collection, Kaledo Print, Kaledo Knit and Kaledo Weave for designing prints, knits and yarn-dyed woven fabric collections, respectively.
The Kaledo suite of programs helps designers not only create artwork quickly but also share their designs seamlessly with colleagues and collaborators. With this software, build entire collections, create detailed product specification sheets, and work with pattern styles to visualize the final look. Go beyond a simple sketch and create production-ready results.
- NedGraphics: From fashion and textiles to housewares and flooring, NedGraphics helps different kinds of creative professionals create concepts and product designs. For fashion designers, the company offers a variety of programs for your specific needs, including design and creation tools, coloring and calibration, virtual sampling, presentation and cataloguing, and printing and workflow.
Textiles designers check out their Fashion Studio Pro suite for Color Reduction and Cleaning, Design & Repeat, Easy Coloring, Easy Weave and Easy Knit modules. And for those looking for Texture mapping check out Easy Map Suite.
- Pointcarre: Pointcarre allows designers to create everything from repeat patterns to knitted designs to jacquard weaving with ultimate ease and flexibility. Choose between Pro Design (print, knit, or weave modules), Pro Weave (for technical weavers, choose dobby or jacquard), and 3D Mapping to see fabrics and designs come to life.
- Generation Digital: With their innovative Coyote software package offering design plugins for Illustrator and Photoshop, Generation Digital is a tool every savvy designer can use. Photoshop for textile design and Adobe for fashion in general are quickly being implemented into some of the world’s top fashion houses. Some of the tools included in their suite of plugins are repeats, wovens, knits, and fashion sketching.
- Optitex: Not your average CAD program, Optitex promises to revolutionize the way designers do their work by providing crystal-clear 3D-imaging for every product. Their products include pattern making, 3D production creation, cutting room optimization, and marker making suite.
- Browzwear: Another major player in the CAD-3D-category, Browzwear is already being used by major international brands like adidas. It offers true-to-life 3D-imaging, as well as valuable strategy and development tools. With three easy-to-use products, the software can improve collaboration and enhance creativity. The Lotta design software even works with Photoshop and Illustrator to create beautiful designs.
Stay up to date on all the latest design tools, hone your skills with online fashion classes, and enjoy the benefits that come with a free Fashion Classroom membership! Visit the site to sign up now, or give them a call at (800) 507-5617 to learn more about what their online classes and surface pattern design tutorials can do to improve your skills.