Some people are more susceptible to breakouts than others. Diligently washing your face may not be enough to keep your pores clear, and that’s where facials for acne can help. These specialized treatments provide unparalleled results to get the clear and confident skin you want. Here’s what you can expect from this treatment to decide whether it’s right for your skincare regimen.
A Guide to Facials for Acne
Consultation & Preparation
When you arrive at the office, you’ll fill out a form with questions about your medical history. This will tell the esthetician about your health and skin’s type and needs, as well as the medications you’re using. Be as thorough and honest as possible. This step isn’t meant to invade your privacy; it’s to ensure the treatment will complement your overall health needs and have the best results.
When you’re ready for the treatment, you’ll change into a gown so that the esthetician can treat your chest and shoulder area. Women will remove shirts and bras, and you can decide whether you prefer to leave your pants on. You’ll lie down on the treatment bed and cover yourself with the sheet.
Once you’re settled, the esthetician will enter the room and conduct the seven-step treatment process:
- They’ll deep cleanse the face, neck, chest, and shoulders.
- A steam treatment will soften and open your pores. Dirt or other matter in the pores will be loosened with the steam.
- A gentle exfoliation will rid your pores of dead skin cells and loosened matter.
- Blemish extraction is done with specialized extractor tools. The esthetician will apply painless pressure to remove stubborn blackheads and comedones.
- A mask will be applied to meet your skin’s needs. For example, a sulfur one is good at clearing acne, while a clay mask will help oily skin.
- The professional will apply either toner or astringent to leave the skin fresh.
- The esthetician will use a light moisturizer and sun protection to shield your skin following the facial.
If you’d like to try a facial for acne, contact Pure Skin by Maggie in Honolulu, HI. Maggie Lui is a licensed esthetician, and she understands that everyone’s skin is unique. She offers a free consultation to each client so that she can create a custom treatment plan, and every facial will include all-natural or organic skin care products. View her full list of treatments online, or call (808) 358-4697 to schedule an appointment.