Whether you’re hosting a Thanksgiving dinner and need the perfect centerpiece or are searching for seasonal decorations, look no further than flower arrangements. Simple yet beautiful, flowers add a memorable touch to any November celebration. Here are some of the most popular Thanksgiving flowers along with the most festive ways to arrange them.
Which Flowers Should You Choose?
The best Thanksgiving flower arrangements consist of flowers known for their autumnal charm:
- Carnations: Sweet and elegant, carnations make great Thanksgiving gifts because they last a long time after they’re cut. In addition, centerpieces with yellow and dark red carnations echo the beauty of fall.
- Sunflowers: It’s easy to feel joyous and thankful with sunflowers around. Whether they’re placed in the center of your dinner table or gifted to your Thanksgiving host, these bright flowers are sure to spark celebration.
- Chrysanthemums: If you like your autumn decor classic and traditional, consider chrysanthemums. Warm and inviting, chrysanthemums radiate Thanksgiving spirit and come in a variety of fall colors such as orange, gold, and maroon.
- Peruvian lilies: When you want to keep the holiday as vibrant as possible, pick out some Peruvian lilies. Red, apricot, and orange lilies emphasize the autumn brilliantly, and you can try striped or flecked lilies for an even bolder look.
How Should You Arrange Them?
Once you’ve chosen your flowers, boost their autumnal appeal by arranging them in one of these festive styles:
- In a pumpkin: For an eye-catching centerpiece that showcases your love of fall, forget the traditional vase and place your flowers in a hollowed-out pumpkin instead.
- With vegetables: Incorporate a thankful nod to the food you’re about to enjoy by mixing your flowers with artichokes, carrots, or any other yummy vegetables.
- With leaves: Give your Thanksgiving host the gift of autumn cheer by presenting them with an arrangement of flowers and fall leaves.
For a truly memorable flower arrangement, you need the help of a trusted florist. Established in 1913, Myers Flowers enhances occasions of all kinds throughout the Greater New Haven, CT, area. Their flower arrangements consist of high-quality, long-lasting flowers, so you can keep celebrating even after Thanksgiving ends. Visit them online to explore their offerings, which also include fruit baskets, and call (203) 481-2381 to place an order today.