Everyone knows that brushing, flossing, swishing with mouthwash and visiting a dentist for regular cleanings are the keys to good oral health, but the family dental specialists at Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA have another tip to build a beautiful, healthy smile: be careful when consuming certain foods and drinks.
If you’re looking to supplement your dental hygiene habits, High Point, NC’s dentistry experts, who offer patients everything from a cleaning and filling to dental crowns and dental implants, suggest taking care when you’re eating or drinking the following:
- Citrus Fruits: While lemons, grapefruits and other citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, their acid can erode the enamel of teeth, according to the family dental experts at Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA.
- Soda: Sugary, carbonated drinks aren’t good for your body, and they wreak havoc on enamel. Drinking too much soda might increase your need for a filling at the Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA dentist office.
- Coffee: While Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA will help remove old stains on your teeth though whitening procedures, you can avoid creating new stains by ditching coffee.
- Apples: An apple a day might keep the doctor away, but it could land you in the dentist office sooner if you have fragile or cracked teeth. Crunchy fruits and veggies should be cut up for safer consumption, say the dentists at Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA.
- Corn on The Cob: This summertime favorite can actually crack a filling or damage sealant. Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA say you’re better off scraping it off the cob.
Adding careful food consumption to your list of oral habits is a good idea, but for all other issues, the dentistry specialists at Harris, Kwon, Garretson & Morrow DDS PA will offer expert, compassionate care. For more information visit the web site, or call (336) 884-4000 to schedule your appointment.