Loading a moving truck needs to be done properly or some of your valuable possessions could be damaged, or worse yet, you could get injured. The professionals at Economy Moving & Storage are Cincinnati, OH’s most trusted moving company and they can offer you moving assistance. They can load up the moving truck and—whether you’re moving across town or down the East coast—can make sure you’re stuff arrives safely. There are many guidelines to follow to make sure a moving truck is loaded properly. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
- Have a dolly, pads, blankets, plastic wrap and straps on hand to keep your items protected.
- Begin loading in the front of the truck (near the cab) and work back.
- Place heavy items on the bottom and stack floor to ceiling with lighter things on top. Be sure to distribute the weight evenly throughout the truck
- Create tiers that have a similar height as you load. Each tier should almost touch the ceiling.
- Make sure everything is packed tightly. Use cushions, pillows, boxes, bags of linens, rugs or other fillers to keep things tight.
- Use straps to secure each tier.
- Place furniture on end. Be sure to wrap sofa and loveseats so they don’t get dirty or damaged.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures and keep them secure between mattresses.
- Save items that are not easily stackable for last.
Before you load anything, you should prepare for your move. Economy Moving & Storage has the moving boxes and moving supplies you need to organize your items. Want to store some things before you move? Economy Moving & Storage has plenty of local storage units for you.
For a free estimate on your move, or to reserve a truck or storage unit, visit them online or call them at (513) 753-6683.