If you're dealing with unmanageable debts but have too many assets for a chapter 7 bankruptcy, a chapter 13 may be the ideal financial option for you. For borrowers throughout Saint Charles and throughout the Eastern District of Missouri, the bankruptcy attorneys at Blackwell & Associates, P.C. can help you get a second chance at your financial life. Under a chapter 13 bankruptcy, the court will work out a payment plan, giving you between three to five years to catch up on your debts. In addition, you can take advantage of a variety of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to make up missed or late mortgage payments.
- An immediate stop to all foreclosure, garnishment, repossession, or collections activities.
- Allowing you to keep non-exempt property that would normally be sold off under a chapter 7.
- Preventing further accrual of interest on tax debts.
- Discharging of some unsecured debts, along with portions of other secured debts.
- Time to recover financially from short-term strain and difficult situations.
Bankruptcy law is incredibly complex, with state and local regulations that continuously change. If you're struggling to regain your financial footing, you don't have to do it by yourself. The bankruptcy lawyers at Blackwell & Associates, P.C. have the expertise to help you navigate this difficult terrain, with personalized services tailored to your unique situation. They strive to keep you informed, and they'll work hard to make sure you understand every step of the process.
To learn more about your debt relief options and other legal services that Blackwell & Associates, P.C. provides, visit their website or call (636) 614-1771 to schedule a consultation.