Flood season has begun! Predictions from the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State University (CSU) expect 13 named storms this season, which runs from June 1 to November 30. Of these 13 storms, 5 are expected to become hurricanes, two of which may reach major hurricane strength which is when winds reach 111 mph or greater. But, we all know it only takes one hurricane to make landfall and change the life of people forever.
If you haven’t purchased flood insurance yet, it really should be considered as an important part of your insurance portfolio. Some flood facts:
- All 50 states have experienced flash flooding in the last 5 years.
- More than 20% of flood claims come from properties outside high-risk flood zones.
- Just a few inches of water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
- If your property is grandfathered into a lower risk zone than FEMA’s current flood maps, and you let your policy lapse, you could lose the benefit of a lower rate.
- Disaster Assistance is NOT free money – the most common form of assistance is a low-interest SBA loan.
- Flood Insurance pays claims even if there isn’t a Presidential Disaster Declaration.
- You may be able to decrease the cost of your premium while maintaining flood protection with private flood insurance.
If we can help you make your way through the maze of insurance, regardless the type, please give us a call for an appointment. Our insurance professionals are here to help you.
Flood insurance is not typically covered under your Homeowners or Property coverage, whether personal or business.. Let the professionals at Comaltex Insurance Agency in New Braunfels, TX, help you secure the right coverage. With 70+ years of industry experience, they understand that there’s no one-size-fits-all insurance solution and will work diligently to pair you with the products best suited to your unique needs. As an independent agency, they are able to partner with a variety of trusted insurers to provide you with the most competitively-priced plan available. Call (830) 625-7511 to request a quote or visit them online to learn more about the services they offer.