Trying to follow a low calorie diet plan is not always easy. Prepping foods ahead of time can help you to throw the meal together quicker and eliminate added stress to your evening or costly decisions to eat out.
Prepped Food Ideas:
- Whole Grain Pasta (cooked and cooled)
- Brown and wild rice (cooked and cooled)
- Pork Loin (cooked and sliced)
- Sliced vegetable mixes (onion, green pepper, red pepper, mushroom, etc.)
- Turkey Breast (cooked and cubed
Once you have some prepped raw ingredients you can easily build a quick stir-fry, salad, wrap, or pasta main dish in just minutes. Check out these 3 Quick, Healthy Dinner Suggestions below that will make your night a breeze!
Fast, Healthy Meal Ideas:
- Turkey Sausage, Spinach and Whole Wheat Pasta. It sounds complicated, but it’s not. Simply cook turkey sausage and chopped onion in a skillet. Once the sausage is browned, add fresh spinach and cook stirring constantly until spinach is wilted. Add a jar of low-sodium sauce of your choice. Pesto or a basic marinara work great! Stir the sauce mixture and pasta together. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Whole Wheat Pita with Vegetables. Fill a whole pita or wrap with spinach, red onion, sliced mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. Cook on a panini grill or in an oiled skillet with a heavy plate on the top for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Chicken Salad with Fruit and Nuts. Combine leftover cubed chicken breast or canned chicken (white meat) with diced apple, pear, red grapes (halved), and chopped pecans. Add reduced fat mayonnaise with a dash of salt and pepper. Stir and top on a bed of lettuce or on top of whole grain toast.
There you have it! Three easy ideas for your family that will be great options for losing weight. Enjoy your meal!
For more information on proven weight loss programs in Lincoln and Omaha, NE visit WeightLossNebraska.com.