The best yard makeovers are ones that are quick and subtle but make a drastic improvement to your property’s curb appeal. Landscape design doesn’t have to be a headache. It doesn’t require a 4-hour research session at home depot or an HGTV worthy production team. The design professionals at DiSabatino Landscaping in Wilmington, DE, can complete these five landscaping projects in a time-efficient manner and an affordable price.
Here are five easy landscaping ideas to complete for your end of summer year makeover.
- Flagstone Path: Stone pathways are picturesque and a great way to spruce up a uninteresting lawn. Plus, they make great shortcuts. Estimated DIY time: 2 days
- Flowerbed Accents: Installing potted flowers or an in-ground flowerbed is a great way to accentuate your lawn. Create a cleaner composition by adding metal edging between the grass and soil. For a more polished look, you can substitute soil for grained pebbles in various colors or woodchips and submerge the potted flowers in your material of choice. Estimated DIY time: 1 day
- Brick Tree Pot: A circular brick wall around trees in your yard can make mowing the lawn an easier task. You’ll need a spade, rope, bricks, mulch, and trees for this project. Estimated DIY time: ½ day
- An Accent Wall: Similar to the metal edging used to separate flowerbeds from grass, a stacked stonewall can add a lot of interest to your yard. The best thing about this project is its simplicity. Layer slabs of rock on top of a light sand bed for the perfect edge to a raised plant bed. Estimated DIY time: 1 day
- Install An Earth Berm: Adding an earth berm is a great way to buffer noise pollution. If you live in a busy area, this is the perfect project for your outdoor space. You can add this raised barrier of plants to separate your home from street noise and foot traffic. For this project you’ll need mulch (or soil), boxed bushes, and evergreens. Estimated DIY time: 1.5 days
These front yard and backyard landscaping ideas are perfect if you are looking for quick and simple ways to transform your lawn. The DiSabatino Landscaping team has more than 20 years of experience in landscaping and outdoor living spaces. They also specialize in outdoor fire pits and fireplaces. Call (302) 764-0408 to schedule a consultation, or visit their website learn more about their impeccable products and services.