The school year is right around the corner, and if you're the parent of a first-time preschooler, you may be more nervous about the first day of school than your budding-student. You want the best for your children, and at Crayon Box Preschool, they'll receive the best early childhood learning available in any borough.
Even toddlers who enjoy going to child day care can get stressed out during the “big kid” transition into preschool, and easing that transition is just one way Crayon Box Preschool excels. With colorful, stimulating classrooms and compassionate teachers trained in early childhood education, your child will adjust quickly to the classroom beat.
Get ready for the first day of school by using these helpful tips:
- Plan Play Dates: Getting along with other children is a major part of preschool, and spending more time with other children helps so they won’t feel overwhelmed at the child care center.
- Talk It Through: Sit down and speak with your child about what to expect on the first day of school. If you can, arrange an early visit with your child to look at the classroom and meet their teacher.
- Take Your Time: Try not to rush through your morning routine on the first day of preschool. A frazzled child will feel unsettled before you even drop him or her off, which can make separating more difficult.
- Bring A Comforting Object: A cherished stuffed animal or soothing blanket goes a long way toward making your little one feel secure in their new classroom.
- Keep Goodbyes Short and Sweet: Put on your best smile even if you have to fake it. Give your child a hug, and remind him or her that you will be back at the end of the school day. Then, walk away. Lingering only makes it harder for both of you, and you want your child to be able to enjoy their first day.
Child care preschool is an important part of your child’s development, and can be the start of a lifelong love of learning. To schedule a tour and discuss enrollment at the Crayon Box Preschool, call Ms. Virginia at (718) 888-9341.