Buying a home is a major milestone, like learning to drive a car or starting your first job in your career. It’s a big investment that takes plenty of steps and time to master. That’s why so many people seek the advice of a real estate agent with information on how to finance a home or search for a home in a desired community.
Janice Johnson, Realtor has offered her real estate marketing services for nearly 30 years at one of the community’s top real estate agencies, Valley Agency in Pikeville, KY. For first time home buyers, Janice Johnson is exceptionally talented at guiding you through the process of buying a home.
- Start research early: Look at real estate websites like Zillow for your real estate search as well as newspapers, magazines and local office listings. This way you have an idea at what the market is currently like.
- Look at your finances: How much can you afford to spend on a house? Lenders recommend that prospective home buyers look for homes that cost no more than 3 to 5 times their annual income if they plan to make a 20% down payment. You should also factor in if you are changing jobs in the next few years or if you have any substantial debt.
- Become pre-qualified for a mortgage: Give your application to a mortgage banker with relevant financial information, and the lender will review this application and inform you of how much you qualify for.
- Find a real estate agent: Remember that it won’t cost you to find a real estate agent if you’re looking for a house, just selling one. For those in Kentucky, choose Janice Johnson for expert services.
- Shop around for your home: Attend open houses and discover the little details of the house. You should run mini tests to examine the plumbing and electrical systems, for example.
- Make an offer: Once you and the seller have agreed on a price, the house will go into escrow until you complete the remaining steps. Make sure you also get a home inspection around this time so you can ask the seller to make any adjustments or fixes to the house.
- Work with a mortgage banker: Selecting a loan is cumbersome but necessary. You may be interested in keeping monthly payments as low as possible or making sure your monthly payments never increase.
- Have the home appraised: The independent evaluation of the house will value your potential new home fairly.
- Coordinate the paperwork: With the help of an agent, you can properly coordinate that all paperwork is submitted, and on time.
- Close the sale: Once the check is in, the house is yours!
For home buyers looking for their dream home with an experienced real estate agent by their side, you can email Janice Johnson, Realtor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (606) 422-1534 to speak with her personally. In the world of real estate, informed, local, one-on-one advice is the best resource you have, so don’t hesitate to reach out today.