Whether your driveway is brand new or not, it requires sealcoating every two years. Sealcoating provides asphalt surfaces with the protection it needs to maintain its integrity, while also keeping the asphalt in pristine condition for as long as possible.
Sealcoating & Striping by Jim Edge in San Marcos, TX, is the sealcoating business you want to work with, as Jim and team ensure perfect driveway sealcoating every time. Check out what this local favorite wants you to know about sealcoating and why it’s so essential to the health and longevity of your driveway and other asphalt surfaces:
- Sealcoating Defined: Sealcoating is defined as the “barrier coat” between an asphalt surface and the elements. It is designed to keep asphalt properties sealed to prolong pavement life and functionality.
- Protection From the Elements: This protective measure shields asphalt from rain, snow, sun, and wind, all of which cause asphalt to oxidize, or harden. When oxidized, asphalt becomes brittle and subject to cracking via traffic and temperature changes. Sealcoating therefore acts as a weather-proof membrane that slows oxidation and repels water.
- Mineral Restoration: Sealcoating restores minerals to pavement and therefore beautifies it.
- Protection From Auto Fluids: Yet another benefit of sealcoating is protection against auto fluids such as gas and oil.
- Surface Friction Increase: The preventative measure provides driveways and other asphalt surfaces with texture, while traffic wears the surfaces down over time. Sealcoating increases friction and prevents asphalt from getting too slippery.
Increase your home’s value and eliminate costly repair jobs with regular sealcoating. Talk to the team at Sealcoating & Striping By Jim Edge today about what your paved surfaces need!
For more on driveway sealcoating and asphalt maintenance, please call (512) 757-7437.