Have you heard of the Mathnasium Method? Developed by the founding teacher of Mathnasium learning centers, this effective teaching technique doesn’t just teach math, it helps your kids understand it. For years, the specially trained math tutors at Mathnasium of Milford in Connecticut, have used this groundbreaking method to help elementary, middle and high school students succeed in the classroom and beyond.
If your child is a junior in high school, it’s time to take the ACT and SAT. While most college applications aren’t due until December or January of their senior year, it’s smart to take these standardized tests now. Here’s why:
- Students have already completed the coursework. By the beginning of the 11th grade, they’ve already covered the necessary material to take the test.
- Students have time to prepare. The sooner they plan for the test, the sooner they can determine their strengths and weaknesses and seek math help if needed.
- Students will be ahead of the game. If they start thinking about college now, they'll know what ACT and SAT scores they need to be accepted, and they can develop a plan to achieve it.
- Students can retest. If they're not satisfied with their scores, they can take the test again.
- Students will impress colleges. Taking the test junior year means colleges will get your child's scores early, prompting them to send information before college visits.
So which test should your child take—the SAT or the ACT? While the tests differ in content and form, it's a good idea to either take both or choose the test that caters to your kid's strengths. Don't know them? Mathnasium of Milford can help. These expert math tutors can assess your child's strengths and weaknesses, create a customized learning plan and prepare them to succeed on the test of their choice!
For the best math tutors in the Milford, Orange, West Haven and Stratford, CT communities, call Mathnasium of Milford at (203) 783-1490, or check out their website for more information.