Fairfax, Ohio

FAQ About Mold Removal April 12, 2019

Fairfax, Fairfax
FAQ About Mold Removal , Fairfax, Ohio

Indoor mold is a serious problem that can occur after water damages a home. When left untreated, it can trigger allergy symptoms and lead to respiratory illness. Not all homeowners are aware when mold is present in their home, so it’s essential to learn when to contact a professional for mold removal. Below are answers to a few common questions about the mold remediation process.

4 Commonly Asked Questions About Mold Removal

What are the signs of mold?

Mold is identified by its typically black or green coloring, but it’s not always visible to the naked eye. Other signs to look out for include a musty smell, excess condensation on the windows, and the sudden appearance of cold symptoms, such as a runny nose and wheezing.   

How does mold affect people? 

mold removalMold exposure causes a variety of medical symptoms. If you have asthma, mold spores can make it difficult to breathe and even trigger an asthma attack. It can also cause skin irritation, coughing, nosebleeds, and a sore throat. Long-term exposure might cause serious respiratory symptoms — particularly in children who have weaker immune systems. 

Can I remove mold on my own?

Mold removal is not a DIY job. It requires professional equipment, protective uniforms, and in-depth knowledge of the remediation process. Attempting to remove it on your own could increase your exposure to the spores and spread them through the home. 

How does mold removal work?

After you and your household vacate the home, a mold removal team will seal off the area that contains mold. While wearing protective gear, they will collect contaminated materials for proper disposal and disinfect the area. HEPA filters are also used to capture all of the mold spores. 

 

If you’ve discovered evidence of mold in your home or business, turn to the team at Rainbow Environmental Services for mold removal. With more than 28 years of experience, this locally owned and operated company specializes in the removal and treatment of hazardous materials, such as mold, asbestos, and lead-based paint. They are known throughout the Cincinnati, OH, area, for their state-of-the-art equipment and fast response. Give them a call today at (513) 624-6470 to schedule an appointment with an expert or visit them online for more information about their services.

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from Rainbow Environmental Services
How to Keep Safe During Asbestos Removal, Fairfax, Ohio
Asbestos is a hazardous material known to cause respiratory difficulties and lung cancer. To protect your health, take measures to prevent exposure to airborne particles during ...read more
4 Frequently Asked Questions About Mold Removal After a Disaster, Fairfax, Ohio
Protecting your home from natural disasters may not be the first thing you want to think about when it comes to maintaining your home. However, after a hurricane or flood, understand...read more
The Differences Between Mold & Mildew, Fairfax, Ohio
Mold and mildew are harmful contaminants occasionally mistaken for each other. Both are destructive and thrive in warm, humid environments. Home inspectors know how to spot...read more
What Areas of the Kitchen Are Prone to Mold Growth?, Fairfax, Ohio
When you are cooking and eating your meals, you want to be sure that your kitchen is clean and organized. Because of this, it’s disturbing to know that significant fungal growth...read more
3 Ways to Prevent Mold in the Bathroom, Fairfax, Ohio
Bathrooms are moist and warm, which is why molds may grow there. When left unchecked, they may cause allergic reactions, respiratory complications, and flu-like symptoms. The effects...read more