It’s common to be in shock after an auto accident, and even more common to miss some key steps required to get the fastest personal injury compensation. Rogers & Driver Attorneys at Law suggests keeping this checklist handy:
- Come to a Complete Stop: Even if you weren’t at fault, all drivers are obligated to stop and remain at the scene of an accident. What happens if you don’t? You could be charged with a hit-and-run.
- Seek Help: For drivers and passengers who are able to, help should be secured by calling 911. This is a mandatory step.
- File a Police Report: Calling 911 automatically means that local police will arrive on the scene. By filing an official police report, you have concrete proof of what happened in your own words when filing a personal injury claim with an insurance provider.
- Gather Eyewitness Information: These eyewitnesses will come in handy if there were ever a delay or dispute in serious cases like a wrongful death following a car wreck injury for instance.
- Call an Auto Injury Attorney: A personal injury lawyer is your best bet for getting the fairest compensation for your injury, medical expenses, and damages sustained to your personal property.
To get in touch with a skilled accident injury attorney in Glasglow, KY, contact Rogers & Driver Attorneys at Law. Their attorneys will work fast and hard to get you back on track in life. For more information on the services they offer, visit them online or call them at (270) 651-2258.
This is an advertisement.