At Exude Fitness, insightful personal trainers work with your body, not against it. When it comes to weight loss and weight loss programs, exercise has never felt so rewarding. At Exude Fitness, its proven scientific approach to weight loss is guaranteed to transform your body. So, how can you maximize your workout? Edward Jackowski, Ph.D., founder of Exude Fitness, tells you how, as featured in Cosmopolitan:
- Include more aerobic cardio: If weight loss is your main goal, by spending 60% of your gym time on cardio, you can burn a large amount of calories. Unlike weight lifting, many people can sustain aerobic exercise for a long enough period of time to burn a significant number of calories.
- Put in the work: Do not just go "through the motions" of your workout; you will only be cheating yourself in the end. If you have the capacity to boost your workout up a notch, do it! Your body will thank you. The more intensely you exercise, the faster your metabolism will become and more calories you will burn off.
- Embrace weight lifting: Weight lifting, when performed properly, will build muscle, and the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn throughout your day, even when you are resting. The simple rule of thumb is; the more weight you need to lose, lift a lighter weight with more reps (25-50), and the more mass and muscle you want to put on your body, use a heavier weight with low-moderate repetitions (8-12).
- Warm up: A solid warm-up routine is not only kind to your heart, but it will give you more energy throughout the day. Especially if you work out in the morning, if you warm up for just 10 minutes, you will be more active after your workout, which will help you burn more calories. Don't forget to stretch after, not before your warm-up!
- Ease off the marathon workouts: Working out with high-intensity, high impact movements for more than 1 hour and 15 minutes can cause you to get stress fractures, insomnia, and exhaustion, which can hinder or even halt your weight loss goals.
So, the key here is simple: Treat your body well, enjoy your cardio, lift weights to get lean & strong, and trust your Exude Fitness trainer to help you every step of the way.
As the Bliss Spa's fitness experts, all workouts are located at Bliss 49 Spa in Manhattan and are by appointment only.
To learn more about the expert training offered with Exude Fitness, visit the fitness center online or call 800 24 EXUDE today.
**Take advantage of an exclusive deal! Take 50% OFF an Escape Your Shape Body Type Assessment & Workout! Find out more here!**