Technology allows us to connect with others around the world, now more than ever. However, that increased connectivity has made it easier to fall prey to viruses and cyber scams. The virus removal experts at IQ Computer Services in Alexandria, VA want you to stay protected, so here are some virus prevention tips:
- Stay Up To Date: Like most technology, viruses are made to adapt, which is why it’s important to keep all of your computer’s software up to date. This will ensure you have the most recent security measures for your operating system.
- Install Antivirus Software: Installing a program thatruns regular virus scans, identifies suspicious add-ons or spyware, and eradicates any viruses is important to keeping your system running smoothly.
- Enhanced Browser Security: Adjusting your Internet browser’s security settings is a good way to make sure you don’t fall victim to spyware or viruses while surfing the net; so is installing a pop-up blocker.
- Scrutinize Every Email: If an email looks suspicious, or you don’t recognize the sender’s address, don't open it. Emails can contain harmful phishing attachments or Trojan viruses.
- Virus Scan After Using Devices: Any device that uses Wi-Fi is capable of contracting a virus. Run a virus scan after each time you connect your wireless devices to your computer to ensure nothing harmful jumped from your device to your computer while being connected.
To learn more about virus prevention, contact the computer virus removal experts in Alexandria, VA at IQ Computer Services at (703) 594-7271, or visit the website. The repair team also specializes in computer and laptop repair, network services, and on-site computer repair for home users and small business.