Driving in a sweltering hot car in the summer is a dreadful feeling. No one likes to spend an entire car ride sweating and sticking to the seat. So before you hit the road, make sure your air conditioning system is in working order, courtesy of the repair experts at Auto Excellence in Colts Neck, New Jersey. The auto repair shop specializes in oil changes, brake repairs and other auto restorations.
It never hurts to have a little knowledge about how the A/C system in the car operates, so you can be informed should the system need repair. The system is actually very intricate and is made up of multiple parts: a compressor, condenser, evaporator, drier and thermal expansion valve. Each part has specific duties that it fulfills:
- The compressor pressurizes the gas to make the air come out cold. It works on an electric clutch that will turn the compressor on and off depending on how much cold air you want.
- The condenser is right next to the radiator and has its own electric cooling fan. The compressed air goes through the condenser and makes the air colder and becomes liquid.
- The evaporator turns the liquid back into gas as it passes through the tubes.
- Although the evaporator and compressor turn the liquid back into gas, the drier is like a safety net for any excess liquid. It also has a filter that keeps the air conditioner clean throughout use.
- The thermal expansion valve is what controls the super cold air that passes through the air conditioner. It allows you to regulate how cold the air is.
Knowing how an air conditioner works will make it easier to repair. If your system isn't working, bring it to the experts at Auto Excellence for quick, affordable repair. For more information about your car’s air conditioning system or other automobile inquiries, call Auto Excellence at (732) 946-9466.