Since 2011, All Paint and Drywall has provided quality exterior painting and drywall services to homeowners around Kaufman, Texas. Drywall has become a universal way to build walls and ceilings due to its affordability and durability. It takes an experienced team to install drywall correctly, so All Paint and Drywall has come up with a list of important things to know about this popular building material:
- Drywall panels are combined to make walls and ceilings. The thicker the drywall panel is, the more sound resistant the room will be.
- Drywall installation is a difficult process that requires steady hands and expert experience.
- There are different types of drywall: Fire Resistant, Taper Edged, Moisture Resistant, and Foil Backed.
- Drywall stays into the wall by using screws. First, holes are cut with keyhole saws. When the drywall is placed correctly and is ready to be permanently installed, screws are drilled into the drywall to keep it steady.
- Drywall has to be put on straight. Unlike painting, where you can cover up any mistakes made, everything needs to be ripped out and fixed if mistakes are made during drywall installation.
- Once the drywall is installed, experienced drywall contractors will sand down any imperfections so that the wall is absolutely smooth.
- The additional mud coating after sanding is a common practice; it keeps the wall smooth and intact.
- Be sure to measure accurately! There’s nothing worse than completing the drywall installation only to realize that the windows will not fit properly.
- To ensure the strength of the drywall corners in the ceiling, add extra mesh tape for a stronger hold.
- Electrical cables are run behind the drywall itself, so all wires must be handled with care.
For All Paint and Drywall, installation services are a cinch nowadays. While many people are handy with building houses, it’s best to leave the big work to the professionals. Call All Paint and Drywall at (972) 481-4980 to speak with a representative today. Visit them online to view all of their services.