Buying a new home can seem a little intimidating. While it may look beautiful inside and out, there’s always the possibility that issues may turn up a year or two down the road. That’s why potential homeowners hire home inspectors, such as InspectorUSA, Inc.
According to realtor.com, there are five things to keep in mind when interviewing home inspectors:
- Qualifications: Ask questions about the experience and training they have received. House inspectors should be trained in certain areas, such as construction and standards for building maintenance. You also want to be sure that they have the experience necessary to do a thorough general home inspection.
- Sample reports: Always inquire after a sample of the checklist they use during inspection, or a past inspection report. This will give you an idea of what they look for and the areas they focus on.
- References: If they’re good at what they do, they should have the references to prove it. Be sure to get ahold of the names and telephone numbers of their previous customers so you can ask their opinion before you make a decision.
- Memberships: While being a member of a national or state association of home inspectors isn’t necessary, it is a plus. If they are members of an association, they may have received extra training and certification.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance: Find out what insurance the company has in case of errors made during a home inspection. It’s always good to have a back-up plan in case something gets overlooked.
With nearly 30 years of experience, you can trust InspectorUSA, Inc. of Lexington, KY, to provide dependable home inspections. Give them a call today at (859) 410-4872 or visit them online.