Moving can be an immensely stressful time, especially if you have pets. Luckily, M. Dyer & Sons, Hawaii’s top moving company, has some great advice about how to safely move with your beloved pets.
Here are five tips to help you ease the burden of moving if you have pets:
- Update your pet’s tags. Make sure your pet has a sturdy collar with updated information on them. Last thing you want or need is to have a mishap, a missing animal, and no (updated) contact information on them.
- Get all vet records. Make sure that you get all records from your vet, including a recent copy of their vaccinations. If you already have a new vet picked out, have your current vet fax over the records. It’s one less thing for you to worry about!
- Prepare medications and food. If your pet requires medication or special food, make sure you have at least one week’s worth in a safe place. Depending on how long it usually takes to fill the prescription, ask for an extra refill from your vet before heading to your new residence.
- Find a new veterinary clinic. Before you move, ask your current vet for a recommendation for your new location. You can also search online, talk to your realtor, or call the state veterinary medical association for a list of suitable vets.
- Use a crate. Always use a crate in the car. It’s safer for you and your pet. Secure the carrier with a seat belt for extra stability, and make sure to include a familiar blanket or toy for your pet to cuddle with.
Whether you’re changing residences locally or relocating from the mainland to Hawaii, M. Dyer & Sons is ready to serve your needs. Their moving and storage experts will handle the complicated details of moving so you can focus on the important things in life. To request a quote or learn more about their moving services, please call (800) 922-2490 or visit them online.