Most people have an opinion on what makes the worst carpet stains. Wine and coffee are probably at the top of many people's minds. In reality, the worst stain is the one that’s currently sinking into the carpet fibers! While each stain should be attended to as quickly as possible, it can be extremely helpful to understand the carpet fibers and the chemical components of stains to know how to lift them out of carpet. Blue Sky Carpet Cleaning in Florence has experience using natural cleaners in rug cleaning, carpet cleaning, and carpet stain removal, and knows how to treat a variety of tough stains. Here are their top contenders for worst carpet stains:
- Kool-Aid: Particularly in the red shades, the dyes used in red Kool-Aid mimics the dyes used to color the fibers in nylon materials, like carpeting, which means nylon carpeting will suck up the color in the Kool-Aid.
- Tar: Petroleum based tar will attach quickly to olefin carpeting, but is easier to remove from nylon carpeting.
- Coffee: This beverage is not only acid-based, meaning it also attaches quickly to nylon fibers, but also contains tannins.
- Red Wine: Contains tannins, like coffee, but also has natural coloring in it that can adhere to carpet fibers.
- Mustard: Much like with Kool-Aid, mustard contains a disperse dye which mimics the dyes used in polyester carpeting. This means that polyester carpeting is particularly susceptible to mustard stains, however, it can resist most other food and beverage spills.
For more information on carpet stain removal, tile cleaning, grout cleaning, and rug cleaning, call Blue Sky Carpet Cleaning at (859) 307-5690.