A lot of valuable things are riding on your tires. Not only does a set of happy wheels keep you and your loved ones safe, but it also will save you money on expensive vehicle repairs down the road. To make your journey a swift and secure one, consider these tire tips from Rochester’s Hoopers Tire Outlet.
- Make sure that the pressure in your tires remains consistent. When the outside temperature changes, be extra vigilant about monitoring the pressure.
- Do the penny tire tread test. With this test, a penny will buy you peace of mind. Insert a penny between the tread ribs with the top of Lincoln’s head facing inward. If the top of the head disappears, your tread is still above 2/32”. If you can see his entire head, it’s time to visit a discount tire center.
- Realign your tires to ensure that they are even. This should be done every 6,000 to 8,000 miles.
- Check for visible wear and tear, such as punctures, cuts, or bulges.
- Change all four tires at the same time to save money and avoid accidents.
Maintain safe driving habits to extend the life of your tires. This includes going the speed limit to reduce the chance of sudden stops or sharp turns, overloading your car with items, and rubbing your wheels against the curb when parallel parking.
If you need new tires for less, visit Hoopers Tire Outlet. They offer the best discount tire options in the area. Their two tire warehouse carries all of the top brands for at least 50% of the cost of new tires. For cheap tires and premium Goodyear tires, go to the experts!
For more information on Hoopers Tire Outlet’s used tires and tires for sale, call (585) 773-4335 or visit their website today.