Text: Luke 18:1-8
Subj: Prayer Is The Key
Theme: Accepting Our Rightful Place As Praying Servants
Obj: The Christian must understand the power of praying for others.
The Characters and Symbols of Jesus’s Parable.
- Widow – the poor and defenseless (saints)
- Certain city – the unbelieving world
- Unjust judge – Satan
(1) If an unjust and rapacious judge can be wearied into giving the poor and defenseless justice, how much more will God, who is a loving Father, give his children what they need.
(2) If prayer can move the devil to behave on behalf of someone praying for themselves, how much more shall prayer move a just God on behalf of someone who is praying for others.
(3) Prayer brings the unbelieving and unjust world before the Heavenly Mercy Seat.