Spray tanning is a popular method for achieving a healthy summer glow. It’s offered in a wide range of hues and can be used to enhance natural beauty. If this is your first time signing up for such a service, consider several do’s and don’ts prior to the appointment.
- Shower and shave at least 12 to 24 hours before your session.
- Exfoliate: The surface of your skin needs to be exfoliated with a water-based scrub in order for the tan to set. Removing dead skin cells and reducing the amount of oil will prevent the product from running and could ensure a more even color.
- Wear Dark loose fitting clothing to prevent your spray from rubbing off during the first 12 hours.
- Use protective eyewear.
- You may wear undergarments or go fully nude, it is completely up to you.
- Keep your mouth closed as much as possible and wear lip balm.
- Minimize inhaling as much as possible during your sessions.
Feel free to ask questions before beginning of your session. The technicians are there to assist in any way that they can and will be ready to help you understand how everything works so the optimal result is achieved.
Wear Beauty Products
Any form of beauty products, including deodorant, lotions, perfumes, and makeup are strongly discouraged prior to spray tanning. The layer they create will keep the color from reaching your skin and could negatively affect the final look.
Take a Shower
Holding off on taking a shower at least 24 hours after getting a spray tan. This will allow the product to fully set and prevent unsightly streaks from appearing on your skin. Your first shower should just be a light rinse with No scrubbing, shampoos or body shop should be used.
Forget to Moisturize
Neglecting to regularly moisturize after a tanning session could cause your skin to dry out and flake. Formulating a morning and night skin care routine is generally recommended for extending the life of your summer look.
Interested in learning more about spray tanning? Connect with the experts at Touch of Bronze in Stillwater, OK. This locally-owned tanning salon provides quality services and is your go-to location for sun beds, spray tans, and sunless tanning. Their inventory is stocked with the leading products in the industry, and each of their staff members is up to date on the latest tanning methods. Call (405) 533-1826 to speak with a representative, or visit their website for additional information on the services they offer.