Your iPhone® Battery Life
Is your iPhone® having problems? It might just need a battery replacement.
We here at Experimac Bend are replacing a lot of batteries on iPhone® 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus.
A battery replacement on an iPhone® is actually a very simple repair that takes a little patience and slight of hand. Batteries do need some tender loving care to make sure you do not ruin your mobile phone. If you puncture a lithium ion battery, fire erupts and can cause harm.
iPhone® batteries have an estimated 500 cycle count before they diminish down to 80% capacity. Below this design capacity, the iPhone can start exhibiting some of these frustrating behaviors.
- Symptoms of an iPhone needing a battery replacement are:
- Not holding a charge for long
- Battery draining quickly and jumps down quickly
- Irregular percent of life
- Apps failing randomly and glitching
- Phone suddenly going black and to lock screen while using
- Screen separates from frame due to swelling of the battery
- iPhone batteries swell when they have passed the end of their life
- IOS 11 and above gives you some good information about your battery. Settings, Battery, Battery Health
- There is a great application to use to check battery life on your Apple products called coconutBattery. Go to: http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery Look at the Design Capacity and Cycle Count. Design Capacity needs to be above 80% and Cycle Count needs to be below 500. A cycle count adds 1 every time you charge it to 100%.
- iFixit says, “For optimal performance, calibrate your newly installed battery by draining the battery below 10%, then giving it a full charge to 100%.” This will give you a longer life of your new battery.
- Apple® makes some suggestion to get the most out of your battery. This site gives you really good information about batteries. Go to: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387
- If you have questions or would like experienced techs to check your battery, come in or call Experimac Bend at 541-797-6863