If you live in Boston and are looking for a place that combines wellness and fitness, look no further than Green Street Massage. This center is owned and operated by a husband and wife duo who are experienced in the practices of yoga, massage, and the 3,000-year-old overall health booster acupuncture.
In addition to having few or no adverse side effects, acupuncture can benefit your overall health in a number of surprising ways. Here are five awesome benefits of acupuncture:
- It helps to regulate mood. Research has shown that acupuncture is highly effective at alleviating the symptoms of depression. This is likely due to acupuncture’s regulatory effect on the neurotransmitters in your brain that help you feel emotions like happiness. Receiving acupuncture once a week can help to clear up depression in three months, which is comparable to the results you’d expect from weekly sessions with a therapist for the same amount of time.
- It improves sleep. Sleep is obviously important, but a lot of people have a hard time getting a decent night’s sleep. Acupuncture can help improve the quality of sleep and is especially effective for insomniacs who struggle to get even a few hours’ sleep a night. This is because the acupuncture needles increase your brain’s production of neurotransmitters that are associated with relaxation and sleep.
- It can help you lose weight. One surprising benefit of acupuncture is its effects on weight loss. One study showed that overweight adults who received acupuncture lost nine pounds over a period stretching from two weeks to four months. It’s not a magic bullet, but acupuncture has been shown to regulate hormones (including those that contribute to weight gain), reduce stress, and aid digestion.
- It’ll give your immune system a boost. Your immune system is your body’s strongest line of defense against illness, and stress can really take a toll on it. In addition to its stress-reduction benefits, acupuncture can give your immune system a much-needed boost by helping the immune cells that fight infection to be more active.
- It’s good for your heart. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US for both men and women. Acupuncture can increase your heart health by helping to lower your blood pressure, so your heart doesn't have to work as hard.
Acupuncture is really for everyone, whether you’ve been struggling with a chronic illness or are just feeling wiped out and overworked. Take the time to give your body the health and wellness it deserves. Find out how the experts at Green Street Massage can help you by calling (617) 942-0149 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org today.