Downtown Houston, Texas
1515 S/Sgt. Macario Garcia Dr.
Houston, TX 77011

Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer: What Should I do After an Accident? May 29, 2015

Downtown Houston, Houston
Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer: What Should I do After an Accident? , Houston, Texas

Israel B. Garcia, Jr., Attorney at Law – Abogado serves the Houston, Texas, area as a divorce attorney, immigration attorney, and car accident lawyer. Aside from being the trusted legal advisor for countless clients in various legal situations, his experience lends some recommendations that everyone should follow when they find themselves in an unfortunate accident.

Finding yourself in an accident situation:

Do not admit fault: The truth is that accidents can be very confusing and people do not know what happened most of the time. However, you’ll want to tell any investigating police officer whom you believe was at fault in your accident without incriminating yourself.


Ask for witnesses’ names and information: If you need medical attention, you should seek it immediately. You should ask witnesses for their contact information in case you need to defend yourself in court and to make sure the police get the most accurate information.

Report the accident to your insurance/employer: If you’ve been an accident, you will need to report it immediately, otherwise you may lose important benefits for which you are eligible. This urgency may also apply to any workmen’s compensation bureau that handles claims.


Contact a personal injury/workers' comp/car accident attorney: Being injured in any situation is an awful ordeal, and to make matters worse, it ends up affecting people’s finances and futures. It’s critical to speak to an attorney as soon as you’re able so they can help you assess your options and advise you on the clearest course of action.

Do not give a statement to another’s insurance company: Don’t give a recorded statement to anyone before you speak with an attorney. Insurance companies will usually call you and ask for a recorded statement, tell them you decline or will speak to your attorney first. With workers' comp claims, you may be required to give a statement, but you should speak to your attorney first.

To contact a reputable car accident lawyer in Houston, call Israel B. Garcia Jr. Attorney – Abogado by dialing (713) 926-0516 and visiting them online.

Para contactar unabogado reputable deaccidentesdeautoenHouston, por favor llameaIsrael B. Garcia Jr., Abogadomarcando (713) 926-0516.Hablamos español.

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from Israel B. Garcia, Jr., Attorney- Abogado
Let Israel B. Garcia, Jr., Attorney - Abogado Handle Your Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Houston, Texas
Disputes between landlords and tenants can be extremely complex, consuming a great deal of your time and money before a resolution is reached. The laws governing these more
3 Reasons to Let Attorney Israel B. Garcia, Jr. Help You Plan Your Will , Houston, Texas
With over 22 years of experience and three office locations throughout the Houston, TX, area, Israel B. Garcia, Jr., Attorney - Abogado has the expertise to meet your more
Israel B. Garcia, Jr.: Houston's Leading Criminal Lawyer for Juvenile Crimes, Houston, Texas
Israel B. Garcia, Jr. Attorney - Abogado of Houston, TX, is a dedicated criminal lawyer who handles a wide range of legal cases in civil and criminal law. His firm is focused more
After Refinery Accidents, Injured Workers Need an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer , Houston, Texas
Oil refineries offer employment to thousands of workers and play a major role in the Texas economy, but oil refineries are also one of the nation's most dangerous work environments. more
Injured by a Slip or Fall? Personal Injury Lawyer Israel B. Garcia, Jr. Will Help You Get the Compensation You Need, Houston, Texas
Israel B. Garcia, Jr., Attorney - Abogado has been advocating for his clients in Texas for 22 years. He believes that every client deserves respect and consideration, and every case more