When you get the inkling that it’s time for a new exterior painting project to work its magic on your house, All Paint and Drywall has just the tips to help you choose your paint color. Since 2011, their team has been serving residents of Kaufman, Texas with drywall installation, interior painting, and exterior painting needs. If you’re just starting your swatch selection, think of these helpful tips from the pros.
Start your color search by considering:
- Neighborhood: In some areas or historical districts you actually can’t paint your house any color you want, but also in consideration of your own aesthetic preference, consider the style of the neighborhood. You don’t want to be the only house on the block that’s fire engine red amidst white Victorians. If you want to stand out, stand out with style and a minimally aggressive color scheme.
- Greens: If you have lots of year-round, lush, green foliage you can enhance it with pure white. However, if that’s not exactly your landscape, pick more subtle rainbow hues. Similarly, if you are surrounded by forests and green, darker colors will not enhance the foliage; it will make it look darker, so choose a lighter color that enhances the natural green of your surroundings.
- Elements: What elements of your house can’t be painted? Think shingles, driveways, or brick. If you have any of these in permanence, consider how a color might contrast with them and try out samples in an inconspicuous area.
- Sun & Style: Intense sunlight will wash out many brighter colors, but if you want to add bright colors, think of adding them to accents. Of course, you’ll need to consider the style of the home, but lots of homes benefit from stronger accents.
- Trims: Think of picking two shades, lighter and darker, of the same color and consider using either shade for the body and the other for a trim. Of course, you may want to consider the all-time-favorite white for your window trims: it reflects light while breaking up the monochrome.
- Welcoming doorways: If you have a subtle color in the body, go crazy on the door or doorway. From lime green to candy apple red: nothing is off limits. Brighter doorways make people feel welcome while having a porch that sings of crisp off-white against a colorful house will brighten up the whole home.
Altogether, these tips mean you could have a very colorful house with some very subtle colors. You can also call All Paint & Drywall when you need the best painting company to give you advice by dialling (972) 481-4980 and visiting them online.