Summer time is bikini time! If you’re feeling like it’s time to retire your old bikini from a few seasons ago, then Born of the Water in Honolulu, Hawaii is the boutique you need to visit. With coverages and styles that compliment nearly every body shape and size, what’s not to love about this one-stop shop?! With a carefully cultivated selection of Hawaii-based designers, this boutique caters to every swimsuit need! Here are some tips to make your bikini shopping spree amazing:
- Apply self-tanner a day in advance to warm up winter skin. This can help to pair yourself with possible bikini colors, especially if you plan on getting a deep tan this summer! However, please don’t try this on the day you plan to shop. The tanner will rub off on the swimwear and possibly damage the items you’re trying on.
- Check your closet for clues as to what already works for you. Love how you look in V-neck shirts? Opt for halter style swim tops. Not a solid in sight? Go for printed kinis.
- Wear a nude, seamless thong (which won’t show under swim bottoms) and easy-to-remove clothing, such as a maxi dress and slippers to allow for speedy changes.
- Allot plenty of time to shop. You don’t want to settle on a suit you won’t be happy with later, just because you’re in a rush. Give yourself more than a lunch hour to browse and try on, so you can find the bikini of your dreams!
- Drink a mai tai (optional).
- Leave all your negative body-image issues at home! Every woman is beautiful and unique, and allowing yourself to pick at your imperfections while shopping makes the entire swimsuit excursion feel like a chore when it should be fun.