If there was a way to prevent paying hundreds of dollars to fix an issue in your car that could have been avoided, would you do it? The mechanics at Budget Transmission Center in West Haven, CT, offer all types of automotive repair - including brake repair and replacement, transmission checkup and maintenance and more - but they don’t like to charge their customers for unnecessary jobs.
When it comes to the heat of summer, there are a few things you should do to get your car ready. Budget Transmission Center has provided the following list of things car owners can do to prepare their vehicle for warmer weather:
- Tire pressure: Check your tire pressure at least once a month. This will improve your miles per gallon and prolong the life of your tires. Warmer temperatures can actually increase your tire pressure, so make sure your tires are not overinflated.
- Transmission fluid: Change your transmission fluid every 12 months or every 12,000 miles, depending on which comes first. Doing this could prevent major damage to your transmission and save you money.
- Check under the hood once a week: Make sure you know what you’re looking for before you do this. Meet with your mechanic and he’ll be happy to show you how everything works and what to look for to ensure the engine continues to run smoothly.
- Safety checks: Every six months, have a mechanic check your vehicle's brakes lights to guarantee safety on the roads.
- Never sign a blank repair order: Get it on paper. Have your mechanic fill in all of the repairs that need to be completed before you sign.
- Know your car manual: Familiarize yourself with your car’s instruction manual. The more you know about it, the better off you’ll be.
- Preventative maintenance inspection: You should schedule an inspection with your mechanic every six months. This ensures your car is safe and will save you money in the long run.
- Get problems checked immediately: Don’t wait to see if that strange noise goes away. It will probably lead to something bigger if you don’t get it checked by a professional.
The mechanics at Budget Transmission Center serve customers in Milford, West and New Haven, CT. Give them a call today at (203) 933-5000 and schedule an appointment today or visit them online.