Buying a home is a complex process, but just a little pre-planning can make your house-hunting experience less stressful and more enjoyable. Getting pre-qualified for a loan is one of the most helpful first steps you can take, along with having everything ready to go when you finally find your dream home.
EXIT Realty Nexus, luxury real estate and investment specialists serving the Minneapolis area, recommends collecting these essential documents before you set out on your house-hunting adventure:
- Proof of Income – Your last two pay stubs should do it. Most lenders will accept copies, so hang on to the originals in case you need them for something else.
- W2s – These earning statements prove your overall income. Usually, lenders will want to see two years' worth.
- Tax Returns – They'll also want your last two years of tax returns, including all the schedules and every page (including the blank ones). Make sure they're signed, as the digital signature on returns prepared online won't suffice.
- Bank Statements – Lenders will usually want to see at least two months' worth of statements, sometimes three. Make sure you get one from every financial institution with which you have an account.
- Other Asset Statements – Make copies of statements from any stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or other investment accounts you own, as well.
Once you've got everything together, visit EXIT Realty Nexus online to start browsing their enormous inventory of properties for sale, or just call (612) 281-1033 now to learn more about careers in real estate.