If you've been wondering what you can do about fine lines and wrinkles, why not try Botox®? A non-invasive cosmetic option that erases lines and wrinkles on numerous areas of the face, Botox® is one of several premier treatments available through Anand Medical Spa in New York City. Check out what you need to know about Botox injections to determine if this treatment is best for your needs:
- What Is Botox®: Botox® is a purified protein isolated from the Clostridium botulinum bacterium. FDA-approved for the treatment of wrinkles in the glabellar region of the face, Botox® has several other applications, such as a treatment for excessive sweating.
- Where It’s Used: Botox injections are used to treat wrinkles in the following areas: crow’s feet around the eyes, forehead or worry lines, vertical neck bands, vertical lines around the lips, bunny lines on the nose, and chin dimples. It is also used on the eyebrows to provide a lift.
- Why It Works: Injected using a tiny needle into the muscle creating the wrinkle, Botox® blocks nerve impulses from reaching the muscle, and prevents the muscle from contracting. The muscle subsequently weakens so overlying skin relaxes, resulting in smooth, youthful-looking skin.
- How Long It Takes: A Botox treatment session takes about 10 minutes, with results manifesting in three to 10 days.
- Why It’s Safe: Approved by the FDA, Botox® is not a poison but a lab-modified protein that’s very safe to use.
Risk of bruising from Botox injections is minimal, though the skin specialists at Anand Medical Spa highly recommend following pre-treatment instructions to avoid this issue. Botox® generally lasts up to four months; however, those who regularly receive Botox injections may enjoy results for six months. For more on Botox® and other skin rejuvenation treatments, please call (917) 746-2299 or visit the website today.