It’s no surprise to remind you that almost every room in your house is somehow connected to your plumbing system. So when plumbing issues occur, it can impact your daily routines and cause additional stress. To help you deal-with, or avoid common plumbing problems and to keep things running smoothly, Signature Plumbing Company, a licensed Master Plumber serving Plano, brings you these periodic tips that cover most common areas of your home. Today, lets address the kitchen.
We get more calls from Plano, Carrollton and Frisco residents about kitchen issues than almost anything else. Of course, the kitchen is a common area for a variety of plumbing issues. Sink faucets and drains, garbage disposals and dishwashers are all linked to your home’s plumbing and drain system. These areas typically need of maintenance, repair or replacement at some point. Here are some tips from this licensed Plano Master Plumber to help you avoid problems and maintain the kitchen plumbing in your home.
- Run cold water down the drain for a few seconds before and after using the garbage disposal to thoroughly clear out the waste.
- Never put dense, stringy or fibrous waste down the drain. Avoid putting poultry skins, fruit and vegetable peels and bones into the disposal.
- Dispose of grease and oil in the trash. Grease and oil can cause drain clogs.
- Clean faucet aerators to ensure optimum water pressure.
- Routinely clean your dishwasher to make sure it is free of food debris and grease to eliminate odor and buildup.
These precautionary measures will help prolong the longevity of your kitchen’s plumbing and can ultimately protect you from potential plumbing problems. If you have already encountered an issue and want a licensed, Master Plumber to get back up-to-speed quickly, call Signature Plumbing Company today at 214-918-1075.