When it comes to cooling and heating systems for the home, there are a lot more options today than ever before. Many homeowners are now choosing ductless heating and cooling units from Mitsubishi Electric® because they’re energy-efficient and quiet. Plus, they control room temperatures better. Here is a brief guide to the various options to help you decide which one is right for you.
Floor-Mounted Ductless Heating & Cooling Units
The floor-mounted units offer some benefits, including:
- Improved Air Quality: The multi-part filtration system reduces the number of allergens like dust and pet dander in the air. They’re also washable, so you can reuse them.
- Better Performance in Cold Climates: Hyper-heating INVERTER® technology means it performs in temperatures as low as -13 degrees and it starts heating immediately.
- Quiet Operation: The indoor and outdoor units are quiet, and the indoor system operates at decibels softer than a whisper.
- Control From Smartphone: You can adjust your ductless heating and cooling system from your smartphone, changing the temperature and programming schedules.
Although it’s not as large as traditional heating and cooling systems, it does take up some floor space in the home. Additionally, because it’s a single unit, you don’t get some of the benefits you’d enjoy with a wall-mounted option.
Wall-Mounted Ductless Heating & Cooling Units
The wall-mounted units also improve air quality and can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet. They also offer additional benefits, including:
- Zoned Comfort: A wall-mounted unit automatically adjusts the temperature of each room. Some are equipped with infrared technology to adjust temperatures based on human heat signatures.
- Different Styles: They are available in three different styles—white, black, and silver—to blend into their environment. You can also have them painted or wrapped.
- Simple Installation: Installation of a wall-mounted unit requires a small three-inch opening in either the wall or ceiling. Then it’s connected to the outdoor unit with a simple refrigerant line.
Even with different styles to choose from and the ability to paint them, wall-mounted systems will stick out, which is a drawback for some homeowners.
If you still aren’t sure which ductless heating and cooling unit is right for you, the Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Contractors™ at Atlantic Heating and Air Conditioning will help. For more than 50 years, they’ve provided homeowners in Brookline, MA, and the Greater Boston area with systems to keep them comfortable through bitter New England winters and sweltering summers. Call (617) 566-6990 to request a free estimate or schedule an appointment online.