You exercise at the gym several times a week, but you want to see better results. You’re considering one of those "fad diets" that claim to help you lose weight very quickly, but did you know that can actually be detrimental to your weight loss goals? Edge Body Boot Camp, who has been providing fitness boot camp classes to Lexington, KY for years, recommends planning your meals instead for a healthy body.
So, why should you avoid fad diets? Take a look at some of the disadvantages:
- The results are not long term. You’ll lose weight quickly, but once you’re off the diet, the weight will come back. Keep in mind that just as it takes time to gain weight, it also takes times to lose weight.
- They often require you to restrict your food choices. Diets that make you completely cut out things such as sugar, fat, or carbohydrates, or limit you to only protein, keeps you from getting the nutrients you need to function properly. You need to eat a balanced diet to lose weight the right way.
- They can cause health issues. When your diet prevents you from taking in necessary nutrients and vitamins, you can experience problems like dehydration, nausea, weakness, and constipation.
What can you do to plan your meals to help with weight loss?
- Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and high-fiber food.
- Don’t skip meals, which can lead to excessive snacking on unhealthy foods like candy bars or chips.
- Limit your sugar intake, and make a designated time for treats so you won't feel like you're giving up all the foods you love.
- Practice portion control. Speak to a nutritionist to learn what a proper amount of food is suitable for your weight loss regimen.
When you combine a proper diet with exercise, you’ll not only lose weight in a healthy way, you'll keep those extra pounds off for good. Call Edge Body Boot Camp at (606) 344-1980 for more information about their fitness classes, or visit their website.